In order to apply for the proposed positions, potential candidates require to
- fulfill the eligibility criterion for a PhD study,
- provide a complete set of the required application documents, and
- follow the submission procedure for the application.
Eligibility criterion for PhD study
Applicants must hold – at the time of the application call deadline – a MSc degree or an equivalent degree in order to apply for the proposed positions in this call.
Required application documents
- 1-page letter of motivation (in English), including a declaration of the considered research topic (obligatory!)
- CV (in English), including
- expertise, skills, and
- (if applicable) list of internships and publications & patents
- [Optional] Letter of references from academic reference persons (with contact details)
- Scanned copies of transcripts of records for Bachelor and the Master (or equivalent degree) including the diplomas proofing the completion of the studies (originally issued in English or German, or an official translation in alignment with the guidelines on translation and authentication)
- Proof of fluency in English at minimum B2 level (Upper Intermediate English). Accepted proofs are e.g. Master studies in English or an internationally accepted certificate.
- Scanned copy of valid Passport/ID
Submission procedure for application
- The complete set of the required application documents have to be submitted according to the following rules:
- Compilation into one single PDF file
- Concatenation of the documents in the exact same order as in the itemization (i.e, PDF begins with copy of passport/ID and ends with optional letter of references)
- Minimum PDF version: 1.4
- File naming convention: “LastName_FirstName_application_saldc.pdf”
- The application has to be submitted electronically via the recruitment portal before the application call deadline. Please note that a submission via any other channel like e.g., via e-mail cannot be accepted